Are there circumstances in your life which make it difficult or impossible to attend therapy in person?
Would you prefer to meet with your therapist from the comfort of your home?
There are many reasons why someone might not be able to see their therapist in an office setting.
- Are you a busy professional with a limited or atypical work schedule?
- Is your time limited due to balancing work, school, and/or raising a family?
- Are you a college student who wants to work with the same therapist consistently?
- Do you live in a rural area where the nearest therapist is quite a distance away?
- Are you unable to secure transportation to and from sessions?
- Are you currently living abroad and seeking an American therapist who works internationally?
- Do you have a physical or mental health condition that prevents you from physically going to sessions?
- Are you tired of battling the traffic or dealing with parking?
These are just a few reasons why you might be considering meeting with your therapist online, and there are certainly many more. Therapy is now more accessible to you. You can work with your therapist from the comfort of your home, office, or any other location.
Online psychotherapy (also known as Telemedicine, Telemental Health, or Telepsychology) is a broad term referring to providing mental health services from a distance. By using advanced video-based technologies, mental health professionals are able to widen their reach to individuals who may not otherwise receive care. To date, many large research studies have demonstrated that online therapy is as effective as in-person therapy.
As a Certified Telemental Health Practitioner and Distance Credentialed Counselor, I use a secure interactive video technology (Clocktree) to provide online therapy services to individuals and families in California, Hawaii, and internationally.
Let's determine whether online therapy is right for you.
For a free phone or online consultation,